Barbara J. May is a Family Law Specialist, Certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Barbara J. May is an attorney committed to providing personalized, compassionate and cost effective legal representation to her clients. She clearly communicates with her clients to enable them to make well informed legal decisions.
Because of her background, experience and knowledge of the law, and because she is committed to the highest standards of practice, Barbara May is able to provide sound advice and skilled and effective representation to her clients throughout Monterey County in her practice focused on family law and estate litigation. Barbara May has lived on the Monterey Peninsula nearly all her life. She is a graduate of Monterey High School and Monterey College of Law. Before she established her own firm in 2005, she worked at two different law offices as an associate attorney and partner as she earned a stellar reputation throughout the area. Now at the Law Office of Barbara J. May, she is committed to bringing competent and reliable legal representation to individuals and families throughout Monterey.
- Family Law
- Custody & Visitation
- Child Support
- Property Division
- Domestic Violence
- Certified Family Law Specialist
- Certified by State Bar of California in 2014
- Juris Doctor, Monterey College of Law, Monterey, California, 2002
- State Bar of California, Member
- Monterey County Bar Association, Family Law and Probate Sections, Member
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Monterey County Women Lawyers’ Association, 2002, Present
- Monterey County Women Lawyers’ Association, President, 2005
- Harmony at Home, Board of Directors, 2014